Skip to main content

HAVEN SAMPOORNA

I read about it long back in Femina, since then I wanted to try it. And though it is very near to our home, I got to check it yesterday only.

This is a small cafe with multicuisine..literally..Almost everything was listed in the menu. We tried garden sandwiches, hara bhara kabab and knock out.

Garden sandwiches were ok, should have been grilled a little more.
hara bhara kabab was very good and so was the chatney .green one.
Knock out was perfect..and in good quantity too, it was two icecreams with nuts and fruits..tinned fruits were good, though they should have added some more nuts...but it was yummy.

Seating arrangement is ok,what I didnt like was that there were mosquitoes, I am totally allergic to them. Secondly the person who was taking orders was very shabbily dressed and a sloppy one, in this area smart boys or girls are more tuned.They dont provide cutlery .neither with kabab nor sandwiches..it is uncomfortable to eat like that..And since it is a small place, its very awkward to see the server standing nearby or looking at you.

Prices are on the upside for some items, wheres moderate for others.

22448882, 9840977582
31, Pandian Street, Shankaran Avenue, Vellacherry by-pass RoadVelachery, Chennai

Comments

sm said…
nice post
yes dress should be neat.
they should not stand nearby.

Popular posts from this blog

NAMKEEN DALIA

This is a very healthy breakfast for me and I like it also, almost no oil is used and it has lots of vegetables. and not much cooking even. Ingredients:----- 1cup broken wheat 250 gm cabbage..julienned 1small capsicum..julienned 1 carrot grated 1 tsp. oil 1tsp. mustard seeds. 1/2 tsp. turmeric 1/2 tsp salt or as you like it 1/2 lemon 2 tbsp. roasted peanuts. Green chilli (optional) coriander leaves..finely chopped for garnishing. Dry roast the broken wheat, till it is golden. In a pan put oil, and when it is hot add mustard seeds. When they start spluttering add all the vegetables. saute them for 5-8 minutes, till they get shiny or loose water. Keep them aside. Now cook the broken wheat with 2 cup water, turmeric and salt, slow the fire and cook till all the water is absorbed. Mix the vegetables in this. Now while serving spread some peanuts and then sprinkle lemon. TIPS:.....even you can roast the wheat in microwave also, you will have to stir it once or twice. Some people add tomatoe...

Starter snack

For serving as starters before dinner or even as a snack with tea its a tasty accompaniment.Its a non fried tasty snacking. Ingredients 200gm peanuts---roasted----normally if you put them in microwave at high for 3 minutes, shaking them once in between-----they are well done. 2 tomatoes finely chopped 1onion finely chopped 3 green chillies finely chopped half cup cucumber finely chopped. 2-3 tbsp. green coriander-finely chopped 1lemon salt to taste just before serving mix everything together and the sprinkle the lemon juice and serve it garnished with green coriander. its a very tasty, crunchy snack. In the garnishing you may add Bhujia also. I'm sending this to "Let's go NUTS!" , hosted by aquadaze!

INFLUENCE

ENTRY This is a new multicuisine restaurant designer in Chennai, owned by Manish Malhotra . As soon as I came to know about it and read that even Waiters wear Manish Malhotra there, Iw as so curious to see it. Yesterday we thought of dining there. This is in Egmore near Dasprakash. It must be the first restaurant where the outer wall is completely transprent glass. Restaurant is on forst floor. Entrance is wow with all that pink roses in water and then seating is very spacious.I just loved it..its comfortable, good to look and with sufficient privacy. Now the food..they have north Indian food and pasta and pizza also. For a couple they have a package wherein you can get two soup, two starter, four main course and 2 desserts for 699/--only. We started with golden tomato soup with saffron cream ......it was yummy, this is the first time I liked soup outside, otherwise I dont ever take it outside..perfect creamy. served it a bread stick. In the starters we chose.. dahi wa...