- 250 gm. semolina (sooji)
- 250 gm sour curd, the amount may be adjusted as needed to soak the sooji.
- 1 tbsp. oil.
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds.
- 1/2 tsp. soda bicarb.
- salt to taste.
- 2 greenchilli ground
- 1/2 kg. cabbage finely chopped,
- 2 carrots grated,(optional)
- 1 capsicum finely chopped (optional)
- soya suace 1 tsp...optional.
- Tomato ketch up and green chutney.
Soak the semolina in the curd for 1 hour. Add green chilli and salt.
Now add soda and sugar in the batter and mix it properly .
Steam in small size idli maker.
In the mean time take a saucepan. Add oil and when hot put mustard seeds and then add all the cut vegetables and saute them for 5-10 minutes till it shines.
Then add idlies and stir.
Put them in the plate and spread green chutney and tomato ketchup.
If you like then in the vegetable put the soya sauce and then add idlis.
Tips......If you like, you may add the tadka of....roasted chana dal and curry leaves for different flavour.